Friday, September 29, 2006

Back

A week in bed (ill, unfortunately) followed by a week with no computer as my lap-top finally died, taking many of my secrets to its grave. That's a relief. New machine now all set up, but the difficulty of buying anything here is so frustrating (even for an exceptionally patient and undemanding person like me :-)). You can spend half an hour talking specs and models, choose a computer, get your money out - only to be told they don't keep stock, in a tone that suggests you've made some nasty distasteful proposition. It's crass to actually want something NOW in France. Anything commercial anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI freind, hope you're fully recovered?
In memory of your computer, a Haiku poem (not my work I hasten to add)

With searching comes loss
And the presence of absence:
"My Novel" not found.

Hope it dodn't take anything you needed?
Blessings to you
S :)

WM said...

Nice one, thank you.

In the tamest world
We must learn to do without
What we have not got

(afraid that is my work)
WM